From Melissa: ” Here’s my birth montage of our baby number four Marlia. Three years ago I gave birth to Blaze our third baby at home and you posted his slide show on your blog. The only thing I regretted about his birth was not having any video footage of his birth. I have included some footage of Marlia’s birth in the slide show. I had a midwife present for Marlia’s birth and as last time she stood back and just took photos for me. I transferred to hospital for postnatal care as my husband and I are now separated and I had no one to care for me at home. We transferred via ambulance skin on skin with cord still intact and pulsating and it continued for 1.5 hours post birth. I birth the placenta in the shower at hospital 2hrs after the birth with no pressure from the staff. The hospital were very good about all of my postnatal wishes. “
Gloria Lemay’s New Blog
All the history, your favorite birth stories, plus Gloria's latest news:
- Catherine on Low Amniotic Fluid. . . I don’t think so
- Julie-Anne M on After the Birth, what a family needs
- chirs on Don’t let them induce you
- Petrina Fadel on Circumcision: dirty little secrets exposed
- Maryland Friends of Midwives | Supporting Maryland Midwives In All Settings – A Woman’s Issue on Hold that hat!